The Bainbridge Island Parks Foundation (BIPF) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to improving the Island’s parks and recreational facilities and to expanding recreational opportunities on Bainbridge Island. The Parks Foundation is funded by private donors, grant sources and contributions to One Call for All. We support projects and public places managed by the Bainbridge Island Metropolitan Park & Rec District, the City of Bainbridge Island, and other community-led parks and recreation related projects. We focus the interest and enthusiasm of the community to support unfunded parks and trails projects through:
- Fund-raising campaigns for specific parks and trails projects
- Community grant programs that provide capital funding for capital costs for parks, trails and recreational programs
- Supporting specially designed Park District programs that provide Bainbridge youth with work-learn opportunities that improve our trails and parks
- Facilitation of new trail connections made possible through trail easement agreements with generous private property owners
- Fiscal sponsorship for community-led park-related initiatives
Our parks and trails preserve the soul of Bainbridge Island – the places we all share for recreation, reflection and fun. Let’s support these places that bring us joy.
For more information about the Bainbridge Island Parks Foundation work in 2016, please read our 2016 Year In Review: A Report To The Community.