WE ARE HIRING: APPLY NOW
Join us as a Part-Time Executive & Marketing Assistant
This position is a part-time Executive & Marketing Assistant who will report to the Executive Director. This position fills half of a part-time team and has an integral role in helping to fulfill the operating requirements of the organization, to support programs and to maintain a responsiveness to community members and government agencies. The person who undertakes this job will be interested and committed to the parks, trails and recreation on Bainbridge Island and will enthusiastically embrace the mission of the organization. She/he will commit to learning about and understanding all aspects of the organization so as to fundamentally support the Foundation. He/she will act as an outstanding representative of the organization in the community, both formally and informally. The goal for the staff team is to develop a working partnership that efficiently and effectively provides sustainable support for ongoing operations, fund-raising and programs of the organization.
- Participate in organizational operations, working closely with the Executive Director
- Build positive working relationship with Board Members and provide administrative support for the Board of Directors
- Attend regular monthly Marketing/Development Committee meetings
- Manage social media presence, monthly e-newsletter and other marketing efforts
- Assist with all aspect of fundraising efforts for the organization
- Lead support for special events
- Oversee website management and maintenance
- Oversee donor management system
- Help prepare materials for meetings
- Create park and trail maps using ArcGIS software
- General administrative duties
- Other duties as identified
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends for events as necessary
- Experience with non-profit organizations
- Donor management system experience, DonorSnap preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing skills
- Strong Microsoft Office products knowledge with emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of WordPress and MailChimp,
- Knowledge of Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms
- Knowledge of ArcGIS software and InDesign software helpful
- Strong computer technology skills and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment with a high level of accuracy
Job Compensation: $20 per hour for 25 hours per week for 50 weeks per year. No benefits provided.
APPLY: Please send a resume with cover letter with a note about your favorite park or trail on Bainbridge Island to firstname.lastname@example.org
STUDENT CONSERVATION CORPS (SCoCo) and SUMMER TRAILS CREW with the Park District
Apply now for summer employment opportunities with the Bainbridge Island Metro Park & Rec District Student Conservation Corps (SCoCo) and Summer Trails Crew. These programs are supported through Bainbridge Island Parks Foundation funding to improve and support our beautiful parks and trails.
SCoCo offers part-time summer field work sessions and conservation/career education for high school age youth while the Summer Trails Crew is a 3/4 time summer opportunity for those over 18, building and maintaining our Bainbridge Island public trails.
For more information email Program Coordinator Emily Helgeson: email@example.com