Enhancing community by supporting a thriving system of parks, trails and open space.
Bainbridge Island will be a place of great parks, exceptional trails, vibrant green spaces and excellent recreational opportunities that connect our community.
The Bainbridge Island Parks Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to improving the Island’s parks and trails and to expanding recreational opportunities. The Parks Foundation is funded by private donors, grant sources, and contributions to One Call for All. We partner with the Bainbridge Island Metropolitan Park & Recreation District and other organizations committed to public parks and open space. We focus the interest and enthusiasm of the community to support unfunded parks and trails projects through:
- Fundraising campaigns for parks and trails projects
- Community initiatives and grant programs that provide capital funding for parks, trails and stewardship programs
- Supporting specially designed stewardship programs that provide Bainbridge youths and college-age students with work-learn opportunities that improve our trails and parks
- Development of new trail connections through easement agreements and donations by generous private property owners
- Conservation and preservation of publicly accessible natural lands on Bainbridge Island
Our parks and trails preserve the soul of Bainbridge Island – the places we all share for recreation, reflection, and fun.