The Bainbridge Island Parks Foundation’s Mission : Enhancing community by supporting a thriving system of parks, trails and open space.
The Bainbridge Island Parks Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to improving the Island’s parks, trails and recreational facilities and to expanding recreational opportunities. The Parks Foundation is funded by private donors, grant sources, and contributions to One Call for All. We support projects and public places managed by the Bainbridge Island Metropolitan Park & Rec District, the City of Bainbridge Island, and other community-led parks and recreation-related projects. We focus the interest and enthusiasm of the community to support unfunded parks and trails projects through:
- Fund-raising campaigns for specific parks and trails projects
- Community initiatives and grant programs that provide capital funding for capital costs for parks, trails and recreational programs
- Supporting specially designed Park District programs that provide Bainbridge youth with work-learn opportunities that improve our trails and parks
- Facilitation of new trail connections made possible through trail easement agreements with generous private property owners
- Efforts to conserve and preserve publicly accessible natural lands on Bainbridge Island
Our parks and trails preserve the soul of Bainbridge Island – the places we all share for recreation, reflection, and fun. Let’s support these places that bring us joy.
For more information about the Bainbridge Island Parks Foundation’s work, please read our 2018-19 Midyear Report to the Community.
The Parks Foundation Vision: Bainbridge Island will be a place of great parks, exceptional trails, vibrant green spaces and excellent recreational opportunities that connect our community.