The Bainbridge Island Parks Foundation’s 2019 Community Grants Program is CLOSED.
The 2020 Community Grants program opens next fall – watch for an announcement!
The Bainbridge Island Parks Foundation created the Community Grant Program to encourage and support qualiﬁed non-proﬁts, individuals and community groups who want to undertake projects to improve and enhance trails, parks, facilities and recreational opportunities on Bainbridge Island. The Bainbridge Island Parks Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonproﬁt organization whose mission is to enhance community by supporting a thriving system of parks, trails and open space.
GOALS OF THE COMMUNITY GRANT PROGRAM
- To improve Bainbridge Island parks and trails in ways that reﬂect community priorities.
- To inspire partnerships that provide stewardship of Bainbridge Island parks and trails.
- To help deﬁne community goals for our parks while educating the public as to needs and opportunities of Bainbridge Island parks, trails and facilities.
WHO MAY APPLY
Individuals, families, neighborhood and community groups, public agencies, private businesses, organized recreation groups, and philanthropic organizations are all welcome to apply for funding for projects which enhance parks, trails and open space, or improve recreational opportunities on Bainbridge Island. Individuals and groups who apply without nonproﬁt status must partner with a public agency where the project will be located, such as the Bainbridge Island Metropolitan Park & Rec District. A public agency may apply, but must partner with a community representative, to assure community interest in the project.
GRANT CRITERIA includes but is not limited to projects that:
- Address a deﬁnable community need and beneﬁt the public.
- Occur in or on a park, trail or public space, or park facility on Bainbridge Island, and/or correlate to Park District recreational programs.
- Enhance public use of Bainbridge Island parks, trails and facilities.
- Include a well-organized, realistic budget and schedule.
- Include plans that specify an appropriate location, installation, and maintenance plan.
- Be completed by September 30, 2020 unless otherwise granted an extension or renegotiated with BIPF’s Community Grant Committee.
- Align with the Comprehensive Plan approved by the Bainbridge Island Metropolitan Park & Recreation District (or City or School District- as property owner), or otherwise given special approval before a grant may be awarded.
Interested applicants must complete BIPF’s Community Grant Application by October 1, 2019.
BIPF’s Community Grant Committee will review all completed applications. The Committee will invite qualified applicants to give a 5-minute presentation. Please reserve time on this evening for a member of your project team to present, and for a short Q&A session. The Committee will then evaluate and recommend grant awards to BIPF’s Board of Directors for approval. Awards will be based on meeting the criteria and requirements defined above and funding availability. Once the awards have been announced, BIPF will send grantees a formal Grant Agreement to be executed by both parties.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR ASSISTANCE
Questions about this application can be directed to the Bainbridge Island Parks Foundation, 206.842.7901.
Executive Director Barbara Trafton via email at [email protected]