Part-time Development and Marketing Director
Overview:The Bainbridge Island Parks Foundation (BIPF) is an independent nonprofit organization that supports Bainbridge Island’s parks, trails, and recreation facilities. Working in collaboration with the Bainbridge Island Metropolitan Parks & Recreation District and a range of community agencies, BIPF’s mission is to enhance community by supporting a thriving system of parks, trails and open space. For more information: www.biparksfoundation.org
BIPF seeks a half-time (20 hours per week) Development and Marketing Director. The Development and Marketing Director will lead BIPF’s ongoing outreach and fundraising programs. The successful candidate will have an established track record planning, coordinating and implementing nonprofit fundraising strategies and an enthusiasm for BIPF’s work. This is a new position for BIPF. The Development and Marketing Director will report to BIPF’s Executive Director.
The Development and Marketing Director will be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing all of BIPF’s fundraising activities that support BIPF’s operations and programs. These include, but are not limited to:
- Major gifts program
- Annual fund
- Campaigns to support specific parks, trails and recreation projects
- Special events
- Planned giving
The Development and Marketing Director’s role involves working with BIPF staff and board members to build and support relationships with donors and volunteers. The Development and Marketing Director will work in close coordination with BIPF’s Communications Manager to develop a marketing strategy that will ensure optimal outreach to the Bainbridge Island community concerning BIPF’s activities and projects, leveraging a variety of communication platforms including print materials, social media, direct mailings, and earned media.
The Development and Marketing Director will commit to learning about and understanding all aspects of the organization in order to effectively communicate about BIPF and all BIPF-supported projects. The Development and Marketing Director will be an articulate formal and informal spokesperson for BIPF in the community.
- Lead BIPF’s donor relationship and fundraising strategy operations
- Lead development of a marketing strategy for both BIPF and specific trails and parks projects
- Build positive working relationships with BIPF Board Members and key community volunteers
- Participate in donor cultivation and prepare Executive Director for meetings with current and prospective donors
- Serve as lead staff for the BIPF Marketing/Development Committee, engaging Committee members in strategic planning
- Work with BIPF’s Executive Director and Communications Manager to develop annual grant planning, identifying grant opportunities and approaches
- Supervise the completion of fundraising materials to optimize messaging for social media presence, e-newsletter and other marketing/outreach efforts, consistent with the overarching marketing strategy
- Lead the planning, organization, and implementation of special events for fundraising, donor cultivation, stewardship and celebrating completed projects
- Manage and improve BIPF’s capacity to track and generate reports on donors through CRM and donor database systems
- Ensure BIPF is adequately thanking donors, reporting back to donors, and working toward increasing contribution levels over time
- Provide technical support to volunteer committees leading fundraising campaigns for specific parks, trails, and recreation projects
- Perform other duties as requested
Required qualifications and experience
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of nonprofit fundraising and general development experience
- Experience in strategic marketing for nonprofit institutions
- Working knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) software for nonprofit organizations, donor databases and other technology for fundraising management
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail
- Positive attitude, showing interest in people and community, demonstrating presence, confidence, and good listening skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Creative self-starter and inspiring team leader
- Strong Microsoft Office products knowledge with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Strong computer technology skills and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends for meetings and events
- Experience with DonorSnap and QuickBooks Desktop
- Familiarity with WordPress and Mailchimp
- Experience developing social media campaigns on Facebook and Instagram
Compensation: Salaried half-time position, with compensation commensurate with experience. Paid time off. No other benefits, other than the satisfaction of deep community engagement.
APPLY: Send a resume with cover letter to [email protected] Include the subject line: “Development and Marketing Director” in your email submission. Applications will be accepted through January 25, 2019. Cover letter should explain how your past fundraising experience will benefit BIPF and help you to transition into this position. Extra credit: Tell us about your favorite park or trail on Bainbridge Island.