Part–Time Executive Assistant
The Bainbridge Island Parks Foundation, an independent nonprofit supporting the parks and trails of Bainbridge Island, seeks a part-time Executive Assistant for 20 hours a week.
The Bainbridge Island Parks Foundation’s mission is to enhance community by supporting a thriving system of parks, trails and open space. For more information about the organization: www.biparksfoundation.org
Job Description: Part-time Executive Assistant
The part-time Executive Assistant will be an integral member of a 4-person team, reporting to the Executive Director and the Development Director. This position is critical tofulfilling the operations of the organization, also supporting development and marketing programs and maintaining a warm responsiveness to the community members and government agencies with whom we work. The successful applicant will be enthusiastic about supporting parks, trails and recreation on Bainbridge Island; commit to understanding all aspects of the organization to support the Foundation; and be an outstanding representative in the community, both formally and informally. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, resourceful, a great problem solver, and enjoy being part of a fast-moving nonprofit team working for the good of our community.
- Support the mission of the organization
- Provide general admin and clerical support
- Participate in organizational operations, providing administrative support to the Executive Director
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Responsible for data entry, organizing and maintaining electronic and paper files
- Maintain office supplies by checking inventories and placing orders
- Work closely with Development Director in record keeping, creating donor acknowledgements and running reports in donor management system
- Provide administrative support for Fundraising and marketing activities, including events, reporting to the Development & Marketing Director
- Serve as 2ndlead for events, coordinating efforts with the Development Director
- Help to prepare and manage materials and minutes for Board and Committee meetings
- Work occasional evenings and weekends for events
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft Office products knowledge with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing skills
- Strong computer technology skills and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy
- Committed to ensuring confidentiality of donor information
- Experience with nonprofit organizations
- Experience with donor management or CRM systems
- Experience at data entry in QuickBooks
- Knowledge of WordPress and Mailchimp
- Knowledge of Facebook & Instagram
$20 per hour for 20 hours per week for 50 weeks per year. No benefits currently provided.
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] Outline why you are best suited for this position and describe your favorite park or trail on Bainbridge Island in your cover letter.
Due to anticipated volume of responses, we will only contact candidates who most closely match our requirements, by September 30, 2019. Only local candidates will be considered.
POSTED SEPT. 10, 2019